Purpose code on Paypal for Indian Instructors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose code on Paypal for Indian Instructors

Hi There,

It's great to be part of this community!

I am from India. and I'm building my course these days.

Any Indian instructor would be able to best answer this question.

Question:

I am trying to create a business account on PayPal (India) to receive payments from Udemy.

During the process of account creation Paypal is asking me for 2 things namely "Product /Service type" and "Purpose code".

There are lots of available options to choose from a list for both of these. I do not know which option to choose for Udemy specific activity.

Anybody from India who has created a business account on PayPal would know of these two options and can help me pick the right options.

I seek your help in this as i am unable to finish creating my PayPal account without these 2 options where i am stuck.

Thanks and cheers!!

6 Replies

Hi I also just signed up I tried to link with PayPal and couldn't find a proper answer 

So I took the 2nd option of payoneer and created that payment  method. It was quite user friendly and simple

Even I don't know which one is better but the articles in google told both have there pros and cons

So  you can chk out payoneer option also  pl consider  taking 

@MukeshKumar777 wrote:

Hi There,

Question:

I am trying to create a business account on PayPal (India) to receive payments from Udemy.

During the process of account creation Paypal is asking me for 2 things namely "Product /Service type" and "Purpose code".

There are lots of available options to choose from a list for both of these. I do not know which option to choose for Udemy specific activity.

Anybody from India who has created a business account on PayPal would know of these two options and can help me pick the right options.

I seek your help in this as i am unable to finish creating my PayPal account without these 2 options where i am stuck.

Thanks and cheers!!

Better advice from. Someone already using them as instructor 

Thanks Renu,

I will surely try payoneer option. 🙂

please do check with other seasoned instructors also

@MukeshKumar777 wrote:

Thanks Renu,

I will surely try payoneer option. 🙂

Is it approved? Even I find it difficult to select purpose code for receiving Udemy Payment on Payoneer.

You don't need a business Paypal account for Udemy. A personal Paypal account will do as well.

So which purpose code you ended up selecting?

@MukeshKumar777 wrote:

Hi There,

Question:

Thanks and cheers!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors