Quality Review Process: notice on wait times

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Review Process: notice on wait times

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

We've seen a recent spike in new courses submitted for review, leading to longer waiting times when publishing new courses. The Quality Review team is working on serving these requests as quickly as possible, but we may not be able to review all courses within the usual window of 2 business days.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
36 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi everyone, 

Currently, all of our support queues are experiencing unprecedented volumes. We're working hard to get back to your tickets in the order they were received, and doing everything we can to ramp up for this new normal. This includes onboarding more staff to support you across our operations teams for the last couple of weeks.  

Current turnaround times for a first response are approximately 5 days across the student and instructor support teams, as well as Trust & Safety (report abuse, identity verification, QRP). For Test Video, we're seeing a turnaround in approximately 10 days. 

If you need to add more information to your request, or would like to check in on its review status, please reply to your original thread rather than creating a new ticket.  This ensures we have all the information needed when reviewing your case and minimizes duplicate work as well.  

And some advice for new instructors in particular:

We’re so excited to have you join us.  Lots of new instructors are creating new course offerings; the number of courses submitted for review is up 70% above average.  

Keep in mind that Test Video, Identity Verification, and the Quality Review Process all operate independently.  If you are waiting for feedback on Test Video, you can still work on your course landing page and course lectures.  If you’re waiting on Identity Verification, take the time to review the course material guidelines in preparation for QRP.  A little proactive reading from the course material guidelines (especially on course images and the course landing page) can save you a lot of time in the review process.

https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232347-Course-Image-Quality-Standards 

https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232467-Course-Title-Quality-Standards

https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232407-Course-Description-Quality-Standards

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

Go to solution

@Abbie Thank you for the update

Go to solution

It is Understandable @Abbie , with lot of people workign from home, many have found way to use the time to create new videos.  comsidering the situations at hand i think its fair to wait for some more days to have reviews completed.

Go to solution

Hey @MinervaSingh66, as @DYay2810 mentioned, the response time is measured in business days, so please do take that into account when calculating the times. Responses are taking approximately 5 days for the Quality Review Process. We appreciate your patience!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Technical support correspondence does not work
I have a course that has more than 5 days and has not been reviewed
Please note that I am working with a good level of professionalism
Thank you and appreciate your cooperation
I appreciate the current exceptional situation

Go to solution

Here's a thought on how the review queue can clear up quickly. Approve courses from experienced instructors.

I have launched over 30 courses now on Udemy. I received one small piece of helpful feedback on my first course submission. The other 29 have been nothing more than an unnecessary delay.

I get needing to review courses by new instructors, but once someone has successfully launched a few courses, why not just let them launch? To adapt to these changes times means to think through something logically.

Has anyone who has launched multiple courses ever received a valuable tip or feedback from the review process, or is it just a waste of time and simply delay you releasing your course?

Go to solution

For my course 4 days time has been taken for review. I submitted my course on 13th April and course was approved on 17th April. 

Go to solution

Hi! @Dribrahimm 

I hope that you are very well. Welcome to you and Udemy Community!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Congratulations for your course!!! You may be perfected able to considered how the possibility that discussing with each other for responding to your course by helps and supports from Udemy Community. Go ahead!!! Move ahead!!! Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Go to solution

My course review is successful today and it is live now. It took 5 business days for my course to get approval. Thanks to reviewing team for support during this crisis time.

Go to solution

Hi Abby,

I've tried to sent the verification both with the email linked to udemy and my backup other email. Since my linked email account got trouble lately with sending emails.

It was 5 days ago. I know i need to wait and i got replies from udemy team and already re-sent my verfication aswel.

My question are:

1. How do I know my course is verified?

2. Should I submit manually for review for the course or its gonna be automatically submitted?

3. How do I know my course is live?

4. How can I double check if needed?

5. Also, my video only 2MB is that okay? Cos I read people sent up to 20MB.

Pls advise. Thank you.

Yenny

Go to solution

Maybe udemy can put a counter on system that shows your order in queue. By the way, you can control its counting speed and hence calculate the approximate return time. I am also a new instructor on udemy and waiting as you. So, hello everyone.

Go to solution

Hi! @EmreBengi 

I hope that you are very well. Welcome to you and Udemy Community!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Thanks for your post!!! Go ahead!!! Move ahead!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Go to solution

Hello everyone 👋🏼

Just wanted to let everyone know what kind of wait times I saw as it's nice to know what to expect: 

I submitted my test video on 8th April and received feedback on 21st April (7 business days). 

I submitted my first course on 14th April and it was reviewed late on the 23rd April (7.5 business days). 

Thank you to the Udemy team working hard in these busy times and good luck to everyone putting courses out there.

Go to solution

@AdnanKhawaja I think the review will be completed in 5 business days. I got it reviewed on the 5th business day. Since today and tomorrow are weekends. I hope yours will be approved by Monday. Stay positive!

Go to solution

Hello YennyLee-Bridal, from what I have seen (Im also a new instructor) but once you're done recording, you would submit your viedoes for Review, I do not think its automatic, others can confirm. You can keep visiting your instructor page to see the status if it has gone live or not.

Thansk!

Go to solution

@Abbie Happy Monday! are we still trending 5 business days for reviews? I have got my course that I submitted for review and it has been 5 business days today, thanks!

Go to solution

Happy Monday, @AdnanKhawaja! Yes, turnaround times for review processes are still approximately 5-6 days. 

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @AmirMagdy458 We really understand you have been waiting to get your course reviewed. Please know that the reviews are answered in the order they get them. Once your request is next, you'll be hearing from them.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Hi,

This is fine if udemy is taking time to review verification video but it is reflecting on my account that it will be deactivated by May 3rd if my verification doesn't complete.

I am a new instructor and already submitted verification video 2days back.

Could you please help in expediting my verification process or let me know what i can do in this case.

Go to solution

Please have submit my course for review since 3 days ago but have not received any email from udemy. Please any help from you 

Go to solution

@RajendraPaudel With the recent spike in the number of course reviews, the Udemy team is taking 5 to 7 business days for the approval. My course got published last week after waiting for 5 business days. So stay positive. 

Go to solution

A Big Thanks to everyone specially @Abbie for the support.

My course went live a few mins ago!

Go to solution

Hi@Rikarigger , Congratulations! I recently went live with my course, just like Elina mentioned, they are dealing with a backlog indeed, however based on my timelines, Id say roughly 6-7 business days, all the best!

Go to solution

Hey @Manan904to check the status of your course, go to the Instructor Dashboard. A label will appear showing if your course is Live, In Review, Submitted for Review, or Needs Fixes. The Quality Review Team will give feedback on the course feedback page, and they will inform you whether the course has been approved, or if it requires fixes.  If the Quality Review Team does not identify any required fixes, your course will be live and published in the marketplace. 

This article shows how you can view the review team’s feedback, and how you can mark required changes as fixed or respond to the review team directly.

You will receive an email when your course is done being reviewed, which will include a link to your course dashboard, where you can see feedback.

Check out this support article for more info about our Quality Review Process.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Hi,

I am very thankful for.

Regards 

Go to solution

200% agree with.

Regards

Go to solution

**LIVE as of 21:12 (UK time) on 9th May - so 5-6 days seems to be about right at the moment**

**Course went to IN REVIEW about an hour ago (approx 16:30 on 9th May), cautiously optimistic this will be approved today**

Hi @Abbie

I submitted a course early hours on the 3rd May (03:30 UK time) and wondered how long it would take to review, it's been around 4 days or so, but the course is only a 30 minute one, just trying to work out if it would be this week or whether the review is likely to be completed on Friday or earlier.

Thanks,

John

Go to solution

hello, Thanks for the update. I think it takes more than 2 days. I submitted my course 2 days ago but it's still in reviews. it's ok for me to wait. hope the team doing Great. Have a good day

Go to solution

thank you very much

Go to solution

@Dribrahimm 

Hi.

Congratulations!

Sincerely yours

Mumtaz Ali Mangi 

Go to solution

Hey @TinaWilliam739, to check the status of your course, go to the Instructor Dashboard. A label will appear showing if your course is Live, In Review, Submitted for Review, or Needs Fixes.

If the Quality Review Team does not identify any required fixes, your course will be live and published in the marketplace.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution
@Abbie @ElianaC Earlier this morning I received a mail from Udemy that the courses are approved. Earlier the courses were made private(Invitation only). I have made changes in course settings from private to public and again it is showing that the courses are in review. Kindly review the courses again as I thought if I change from private to public, It won't go through the review process again. 
I have made changes from private to the public because courses were not showing live on udemy market search place.
I have uploaded these courses from mail id: chandravipin1991@gmail.com
chandra.PNG
course.PNG
CEO
AXE Consultant

Go to solution

Hey Abbie ! I am having a problem here.

I have made a small course (40 min) in graduate & Postgraduate level #economics but when I submitted it for review it failed to verify with my PAN identity and says

"Unable to Verify. Action needed within 30 days "

And asked me to upload a video which I did twice on 27 may & 28 may but I received NO response from Udemy regarding this .

What worries me more that it says your account will be deleted on 2nd  june 2020 10:21 am . ( It has given me hardly 7 days instead of 30 days )

Kindly help me !

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @SourabhShukla don't worry, if we don't get to your request before your verification deadline, we won't remove your account based on that. You'll receive a reply as soon as your email is next. 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Cristi S., yes, once the practice test has been completed, you can make it live in and publish it.

Go to solution

@Ctutors_2020 I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Basic can be successful, especially for those tattendees who really search for step by step guides. Thouhg, I suggest you study closely what your colleagues instructors are doing in your same niche. This can provide important insight on how to fram your program.  

184 Replies

Go to solution

I have also another question. Where do the controllers live? Usa, europe or somewhere else? If we now their country, we can refresh udemy with respect to GMT time differences:)

Go to solution

Hey Abbie, I'm in trouble...

I had my new course already accepted and I scheduled a Live launch of to online (it will start in the next hour) and now that I moved my course from public to private and now back to public it says again in review. Please help me 

Lorenzo

Go to solution

@LorenzoGiusta  I have exact same issue

Go to solution

@LorenzoGiusta I hope they have an expedited process for such cases, I waited all week just like you and mine went back to in review as of yesterday, I hope someone replies back, if there was an email address or an 800 number we could call

Go to solution

Hi @Abbie I mistakenly updated the privacy and it reset my review date, I already waited 7 business days for my course to be reviewed, can something be done about it? thanks in advance.

Go to solution

Please have submit my course for review since 3 days ago but have not received any email from udemy. Please any help from you 

Go to solution

@KehindeAlli001 mine took 7 business days, you should get it in the next couple of days, hang in there, its comming 🙂 - and congratulations!

Go to solution

Thanks

Go to solution

What course do you teach

Go to solution

I do programming and SAP, what about you?

Go to solution

I do programming as well.

It's nice meeting you.

My name is Kehinde from Nigeria and you? 

Go to solution

Thanks Udemy Team. No worries, in this situation we should be patient. I am personally believe on udemy support hard effort, they try their best. Just one thing let you know that in this Corona situation i have submited a new course in 25th April (5 days gone already) named "Freelancing with GIS Level 1: Earn from Home". I have created this course based on many requests from many lockdown and recent jobless people from asian countries. Still they are requesting me to publish this course, they will enroll. Because from this course they will be able to earn from home at this moment. I told them wait for udemy aprove. And there are many requests for this course. If concentrate on this course, it will great help for those helpless people. I have submitted for review 25 th april (5 days gone already). I trust udemy and their team and their support and we should be patient at this unexpected situation. We are with you udemy. 🙂 

Go to solution

Reviews not popping up, it's been more than 3 days and they are from different people so it filters the chances of reviews that filter out due to family and friends. I just want to know is this review system also being delayed like other Quality Review system? 

Joshua George
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Is there any update on the new time it will take for courses to be reviewed?

Go to solution

I have summited a course in 27, April 2020 but still not got reviewed. 

My course is in Nepali language. 

Maximum how many days to possibility reviewed ? as a message there is just two days now already exceed. 

Thank you so much for support. 

Go to solution

@RajendraPaudel With the recent spike in the number of course reviews, the Udemy team is taking 5 to 7 business days for the approval. My course got published last week after waiting for 5 business days. So stay positive. 

Go to solution

Hello all, 

i had to correct the image i used for the course to exclude text, it was done a couple of days ago, does someone know how long till they approve it and the course to go live?

anyone with same experience, thxk

Go to solution

A Big Thanks to everyone specially @Abbie for the support.

My course went live a few mins ago!

Go to solution

@Abbie Hi,

My course is "In review" since 28th April. When can I expect my course to go live?

Thank You!

Go to solution

Hi @Manan904  I would say Mon or Tue

best of luck

Go to solution

Alright 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors