Question about my fees

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about my fees

I am sharing a course link with my students to purchase the course. However, upon review, I noticed that instead of receiving a 97% as advertised on Udemy, I am only receiving around 37% of the course price. For instance, if the original course fee is $85 and after the discount, it becomes $14, I am only receiving $5 from the sale.

Please advice.

5 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

You need to create a coupon. Go into "Promotions" on the left hand side of your instructor page, create a coupon for whatever price you want, and have them use that coupon. Then you will receive the 97% percent. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

The link I am using previously offered free enrollment for 1000 students through an old coupon, which has now expired. If I attempt to use the same coupon link, what benefits will it provide?

@Ahmad.Elhajjar I'd contact instructor support about it.

Nobody here knows the details of your coupons.

Generally, an expired discount coupon should still give you an attribution of 97% if the student uses it within 24 hours.

There were many discussions about what those 24 hours mean, and I don't know if a free coupon is considered a discount coupon.

All those nuances are best addressed by support.

Multiple students utilized the identical coupon link to enroll in the course, resulting in my score of 97%. Additionally, these students accessed the coupon link after its expiry of 24 hours. Lastly, another student also made use of the same coupon link and I got 37%. 

So my question now is: 

What is the most effective permanent link to be sent to our students that we know to earn the 97% of the price?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors