Question about preview video

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about preview video

Go to solution

Does the preview video need to be at least 10 minutes long?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@jvjarvinen Definitely No!

The preview video is best short, two to four minutes. You must have a total of ten minutes of video that can be previewed, which means two, three or four videos that are all available for preview. I usually make my first three videos available for preview.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

@jvjarvinen Definitely No!

The preview video is best short, two to four minutes. You must have a total of ten minutes of video that can be previewed, which means two, three or four videos that are all available for preview. I usually make my first three videos available for preview.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Hi Joona Järvinen @jvjarvinen 

Welcome to the instructors community.

The free lectures (including the first video lecture) used for preview cannot exceed 10 minutes in total, two to three free lectures is usually the best practice followed by most instructors.

Please check the link include below, for more information.

Good luck on your teaching endeavors.

https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229604168-Free-Lecture-Preview

Best regards, 

Ahmed Jendoubi, Ph.D.
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

Respectfully, a small correction. Your preview videos need to be a minimum of 10 minutes. They can exceed that. It would be almost impossible to make them exactly 10 minutes. However, I think it unwise to make too much of your course for free because the prospective student will feel like he or she "got it" and won't feel a need to enroll. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Thank you very much for the answer! 👌

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors