Questions not being saved

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions not being saved

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying out this platform to make a decision whether I keep going and publish a course/practice test or not. I'm struggling to save my questions/answers. I keep getting a "Changes to this test are not yet live" message, and my updates and new questions I create after that are not being saved?

Did anyone experience something similar?

By the way, I'm new here and I have browsed similar questions in the question bank but I haven't found an actual solution or a kb that can help me with this as yet. Therefore, if this is a duplicate question, I'm happy to be redirected to an accepted question.

Thanks,

Ivan.

5 Replies

Hey @ivan.lima , any changes you make to your practice test course, you will need to click on "Publish Changes" and will be then prompted to complete this:

CHANGES.JPG

If you continue having issues with this, instructorsupport@udemy.com will gladly help you further with this!

Thank you for your response. However, I haven’t officially published/submitted my course yet. I’m currently building it and getting erros when editing a question and try saving it - which makes me lose the questions/updates inputted. In this case, should I go ahead and send an email to instructorsupport@udemy.com?

Hi @ivan.lima , yes, you can reach out to support so they can help you look into the errors you are getting. Before doing so, you can also check if there are other elements missing, like completing your instructor profile/biography. You can find that in the Course Landing page section and then try to make the changes again. 

Hi @ivan.lima ,

I faced the same issue. My course is in draft mode. I've spent whole day creating questions and i was clicking save one by one sucessfully. Unfortuantely when i exit my course and got back it again i have seen that my work is lost. Did you solve the issue? Thanks

I did not. I reached out to the support team and they advised me to use the CSV template to make it easier to recreate the questions, which obviously doesn't work as I'm attaching images and formatting the description.

I'm still trying to figure this out and if it keeps having this type of behaviour, I'll probably be looking at alternatives that provide a more reliable draft system. Will see.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors