Revenue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue

Go to solution

Hello

I have just published my first course for 69.99$. Now there is a student who paid for mu course today but I get 4.11$ only. Do you know why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MeryMejia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @AhmedGaber,881 Congratulations on publishing your course, we're happy to have you in our community!

Regarding the difference in the prices, when instructors set their course base price in a given currency, they’re setting the base price at a particular tier. The list price that students will see in other currencies is calculated using the price tier matrix, based on the tier that it corresponds with. A student’s account currency is based on the geographical information that's collected and entered when an account is created. 

This article explains the differences between the list and base prices for courses, as well as Udemy’s global price matrix.

Mery Mejia

Udemy Community

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MeryMejia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @AhmedGaber,881 Congratulations on publishing your course, we're happy to have you in our community!

Regarding the difference in the prices, when instructors set their course base price in a given currency, they’re setting the base price at a particular tier. The list price that students will see in other currencies is calculated using the price tier matrix, based on the tier that it corresponds with. A student’s account currency is based on the geographical information that's collected and entered when an account is created. 

This article explains the differences between the list and base prices for courses, as well as Udemy’s global price matrix.

Mery Mejia

Udemy Community

Go to solution

Thank You

MeryMejia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

You're very welcome @AhmedGaber,881

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!