Review system

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review system

Hello everyone, I am new here, I joined this platform 2 months ago and published single course @ free of cost.
So far I received 1246 students with 31 reviews right now. But I can't understand the review system, if someone gives me a 5 star review for my course. Avg Course ratings go up with low digits but if someone gives me 3 stars and 4 stars then there is a drastic decrease in AVG rating.

1 Reply

Hey @MohasinBargir, Udemy utilizes weighting ratings based on the level of usefulness and relevance of the rating. There are a number of factors we’re using to help weight ratings; however, three of the most significant are:

• Amount of the course the student consumed before leaving the rating
  • How recently the rating was left
  • How valuable the student’s feedback was to instructors and students

With this in mind, your course rating is not a pure average of all reviews, but each individual review may be weighted differently based on all the factors Udemy considers.

If you have questions about your specific case, please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com and the team will be happy to clarify further.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors