Save button doesn't work on landing page step...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save button doesn't work on landing page step...

Go to solution

Good day.

Newbie here. So, we have reached the landin page step where the course title, training description, etc. are supposed to be put in. Are all fields mandatory including the thumbnail and promotional video? I ask because the 'Save' button is disabled and we are unable to save some of the work on this page to finish later, and we don't get any error message. Does it have to be filled all at once? Thank you!

Dariusz Swierk, PhD
Chief of New City Trader magazine
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @drDariuszNCT  In order for you to continue and to properly save the information on the Course landing page please make sure that the course description has at least 200 words or more.

If you are making sure the information you will add to the course description has at least 200 words long or more, please try to clear the cache from the browser, use a different browser or try with an incognito window and try adding the information again. 

After that please try to click on the "Save" button. You can use a word counter to check how many words you are using. 

Also for the image you choose for your course can you please make sure you click on the option to crop it, and then try to save the changes again? If this doesn't work, please send an email Instructor Support team - they'll be happy to assist you in any way they can.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @drDariuszNCT  In order for you to continue and to properly save the information on the Course landing page please make sure that the course description has at least 200 words or more.

If you are making sure the information you will add to the course description has at least 200 words long or more, please try to clear the cache from the browser, use a different browser or try with an incognito window and try adding the information again. 

After that please try to click on the "Save" button. You can use a word counter to check how many words you are using. 

Also for the image you choose for your course can you please make sure you click on the option to crop it, and then try to save the changes again? If this doesn't work, please send an email Instructor Support team - they'll be happy to assist you in any way they can.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator

Go to solution

Thank you. Worked brilliant! And know, my first Udemy course is published 🙂

Dariusz Swierk, PhD
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @drDariuszNCT,

We are happy to hear the troubleshooting steps helped and

congratulations on publishing your first course!😊

We wish you a lot of success on Udemy, and please let us know if you have additional questions. 

Go to solution

hi dr. darius,

what i am getting is an error message which just camps up the form saying, "form should not have so many special characters ", or something similar.

this is why the save seems to not work.

do you get a pink box which says none of your changes was changed. address the

issues-  or something.

udemy isnt taking support letters than i can tell, and no way to call. so, now what?

sincerely,

im Simpl

Go to solution

Nothing like this. In our case ElianaC's solutions worked - croping the image was the key.

Dariusz Swierk, PhD
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @imSimpl

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your course creation. 

Are you using an excessive number of special characters, for example "....." in your text? This might explain why you were unable to save the course description. If you remove the special characters, you should be able to save the text. 

If you are still unable to save the progress there, please reach out to our instructor support here.

I hope you can to continue with your course creation soon. Please let me know if you have any other questions! 😊

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors