cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i select Udemy for business?

Go to solution

Hello everyone 

im a new course creator and I'm doing my first course now

i keep seeing everywhere that I SHOULD NOT select the “Udemy for business” option 

but I don’t understand why? Isn’t going to help me make more sales?

And can I select it now then unselect it later? 

I’d appreciate it if someone can help me please 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

For me, UFB brings an important part of Udemys income. However, there is the exclusivity requirment, perhaps that is reason some instructors opt to not participate.
You can leave UFB in the future, but after you decide and notify Udemy, your courses should stay for at least 6 months, if i'm not wrong.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Go to solution

For me, UFB brings an important part of Udemys income. However, there is the exclusivity requirment, perhaps that is reason some instructors opt to not participate.
You can leave UFB in the future, but after you decide and notify Udemy, your courses should stay for at least 6 months, if i'm not wrong.

Go to solution

Thank you for your answer  🙏🏼 
it was helpful 

Go to solution

Hi, how do I unsubscribe from UFB? I don't even know if my students are under UFB or not, as I do not see a distinction in the students that I have. 

I tried emailing support, but there was no reply, and it seems I am still subscribed to UFB from the notifications that I get. 

Go to solution

I was notified a while ago that my courses had been added to UDEMY for business.

Apparently I had been sent an email asking me to fill in a form if I didn't want this to happen.  

My revenue dropped by about 90% and there is no way to ask to be removed once added.

As a result I made all my courses free, and would completely delete them if I could.

Whatever you do, don't join UDEMY for business as an instructor

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @JohnMoylan382 I'm very sorry for the confusion since this is a level account information we are unable to provide you a concrete response here in the community, please feel free to reach out to our Instructor Support team so they can check if your courses are added to the Udemy Business Collection and you will like to remove them from the Collection, the team will be able to provide you further steps.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Go to solution

Udemy for Business

I can provide you with some information that might help you make an informed decision.

Udemy is an online learning platform that offers courses in various fields, including business. It has a large collection of courses taught by industry experts, and the courses are designed to be self-paced and accessible from anywhere.

If you are looking to develop specific skills or knowledge in the field of business, Udemy could be a good option for you. However, it's essential to do your research and read reviews of the courses you are interested in before making a purchase. This will help you to determine the quality and relevance of the courses to your needs.

It's also worth noting that Udemy's courses are often more affordable than traditional business courses, but they may not have the same level of accreditation or recognition as courses from a traditional educational institution. Therefore, it's important to consider your goals and priorities before making a decision.

In summary, Udemy could be a good choice for individuals looking to develop specific business skills or knowledge, but it's essential to do your research and consider your goals and priorities before making a decision.

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

That literally has nothing to do with the question, and sounds like something ChatGPT would say. Are you a bot?

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Udemy Business makes up over half of my revenue. Without it, I'd make less than half what I do now. The only case where you might want to opt out is if you teach a topic that isn't business or professional in nature, in which case the exclusivity terms may not be worth it.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors