Some of my videos have the "Publish" button enabled but Other videos do not

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my videos have the "Publish" button enabled but Other videos do not

Go to solution

Hi, I am a new instructor, in the process of creating my video lessons/resources for my first course.

I noticed that my first few videos have the button "Preview" enabled but not the "Publish" button.

Now my most recent videos have both buttons, and the "Publish" button ready to push.

What is the difference?

Why do I have some of my videos marked "Unpublished" with the "Publish" button ready.

I have not done anything different other than upload my videos as they get ready.

Please someone explain, so I can continue the creation of my course.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @Hasan A. 

If you don't mark some of your videos as 'free to preview', Udemy marks first few videos as 'free to preview' automatically, because prospective students often like to preview a few lectures of the course before deciding they want to purchase it or not.

Regarding some of the videos not having the 'publish' button against  them, know that only the new lectures you add, get the button 'publish' against them. If you had a video lecture already uploaded, and you are replacing it with a new video lecture, you will not get the 'publish' button against it - you are just updating your lecture with a new video.

Hope this explains! Feel free to write back if you want more clarification on it. You can also write to instructorsupport@udemy.com if you have any other issue related to uploading the lectures.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @Hasan A. 

If you don't mark some of your videos as 'free to preview', Udemy marks first few videos as 'free to preview' automatically, because prospective students often like to preview a few lectures of the course before deciding they want to purchase it or not.

Regarding some of the videos not having the 'publish' button against  them, know that only the new lectures you add, get the button 'publish' against them. If you had a video lecture already uploaded, and you are replacing it with a new video lecture, you will not get the 'publish' button against it - you are just updating your lecture with a new video.

Hope this explains! Feel free to write back if you want more clarification on it. You can also write to instructorsupport@udemy.com if you have any other issue related to uploading the lectures.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors