Starting a new course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a new course

Hello Experts,

I am on the verge of starting my new course. I want to be sure that I am giving my best in this one.

Can you please share your method of course creation?

- What did you start with?

- Do you follow any roadmap - steps or milestones to break the entire process into smaller bits?

- How do you make sure that your course is accepted by Udemy?

- How do you make sure that your course reaches the top of search results on Udemy?

- What are the final tasks or checks you do before you submit the course for review?

🙏😍

Thanks a lot for your help!

1 Reply

Hi @TranceMindset - I think the best piece of advice I (or any experienced instructor) can give you is this. Before you even jot down your first outline notes, check to see how many courses already exist on the topic you plan to build a course around. So many times I read about a new instructor who created their first course and it's not selling. Turns out it's because there are already 20+ courses existing on that topic, many of them rated 4.5 or higher. The new instructor really has no chance unless he/she is able to do their own extensive marketing. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors