Students Complete the practice tests 100% and within 30 days raise a refund

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Students Complete the practice tests 100% and within 30 days raise a refund

Hello Fellow Instructors,

I am new to the Instructors Community on Udemy, I see a pattern in Few Students.

They sign up for the course, Complete the course in a month (30 Days) and Then Raise a refund request.

And to my surprise the Student even asked questions on few topics and I answered them.

My Suggestion is if the Course is 50% completed then there should be no refund.

Please comment your advices and suggestions.

PFB the Snap of the conversation i had with the student.

Regards,

Zia Ur Rehman

Student.JPG

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ZiaUrRehman  If you see a student who seems to be abusing Udemy’s refund policy, please send a report to out Trust & Safety to policy@udemy.com and we can take a closer look.  We also do monitor refund patterns and take steps to address potential abuse.

All that said, I know that it can be frustrating when you see a student who has taken your whole course and then asks for a refund, and we're sorry you had that experience.

We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to limit or deny refund requests in cases where we believe there is refund abuse, including but not limited to the following:

• A significant portion of the course has been consumed or downloaded by a student before the refund was requested.
  • Multiple refunds have been requested by a student for the same course.
  • Excessive refunds have been requested by a student.
  • Users who have their account reported, banned or course access disabled due to a violation of our Terms or Trust & Safety Guidelines
  • We do not grant refunds for any subscription services unless otherwise required by applicable law (please see below for more information). 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors