Subtitles in multiple languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles in multiple languages

Go to solution

Hi, I have a one question please. My course is in english, will subtitles be auto generated only in english or also other languages? Can I add other subtitles languages to my english spoken course?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Ok, great, thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

Hi, @Lamza Med Happy to help! At this time Udemy offers auto-generated captions for these languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, and Portuguese.

If you wish for a specific language, you'll need to create a VTT file and upload it.

Fernanda Rivera

Community Moderator

Go to solution

English captions had been auto-generated for my course, how long does it take to auto-generate for other languages

Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @OdulajaPhil564 Happy Tuesday!!!

These languages that were previously mentioned are auto-generate in the spoken language of the course, for instance, if your course is taught in Portuguese, the auto-generate captions will be in Portuguese.

If you want to add another language in your course, you will need to upload it, you can follow the instructions on how to do it on this article.

I hope this helps.

Bessy

Udemy Community Moderator.

Go to solution

Ok, great, thanks

Go to solution

I already have incorporated subtitles in my video but they are English subtitles.  I also have my same course with the same videos but with SPANISH subtitles.  I do not want or need to autgenerate them.  However, for the SPANISH version subtitles video I would need to upload all of the course materials in Spanish.  My question is, do I create a SEPERATE course in Spanish with the SPANISH materials?  Or do I just keep the one course in english even though all the course materials are in spanish?  What do you suggest works best?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors