Subtitles position

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles position

Hi, I need information regarding subtitles please. I know student choose position, size etc. but I have graphics in my course and I don't want for automated subtitles to cover them. Can I edit subtitles position in that moment when graphic is displayed? This is normal in vtt files for example where you can define position for every subtitle but will udemy player read that edited position or not? 

2 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lamza Med, great question!

Please note that your students have the option to choose the size and where the subtitles are displayed, so they would be able to add them underneath the video to make sure they can see your graphic completely. Example below:

I just wanted to let you know that I have asked our team if it is possible to change the position of the subtitles by uploading the vtt. files and will let you know once I hear back about it.

Thanks for your patience!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Hi Bella,

thanks for effort, like I wrote in my message I know students have that options but let's assume that every student doesn't know that and that means every instructor with that problem will need to explain that to their students at the start of their course which is not good solution and it's pretty important issue for all courses.

I saw various courses where automated subtitles cover important facts, terms, graphics and names.

My course is very high level production showing important animations and graphics so I don't want subtitles to cover important terms and facts. I want and need subtitles and like I said for vtt files is normal to define position of certain subtitle if you for example want to lift them in that moment above some graphics.. I saw that udemy subtitles adjust them self automatically depending on screen where the video is played, computer, tablet, mobile phone etc..

Question is if certain subtitle position is defined in vtt file will udemy player read that and display as defined or will ignore that additional code and play with certain predefined automatic settings?

Thanks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors