TIN numbers and NINO for UK residents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIN numbers and NINO for UK residents

Hi, As a UK citizen, I have a NINO of numbers and letters, but letters are not accepted when I fill out the forms required?

Please can you help?

Many thanks,

J

3 Replies
Leonor C.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @JMH1 

Happy to help and welcome to our community! 

For non-U.S. instructors, your TIN will be the taxpayer identification number issued by your local government. The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) provides a helpful page in English here that details the names and formats that various countries use as TINs.

Here is the UK TIN description. Hope this helps!

Kind regards!

Leonor

Udemy Community team

Hi @JMH1 

I remember using the UTR (Unique Taxpayer Reference) rather than the NINO. 

Here is the guidance from OECD UK-TIN.pdf

It does suggest using either the UTR or the NINO, but I think UTR worked for me as it's 10 digit number rather than the NINO which is alpha numeric. 

Hope this helps!

Hi @JMH1 

TIN is called as UTR Number and this is 10 digit number sometimes this will end with letter "K", remove this last letter when submitting your UTR. 

NINO is called National Insurance Number which is 9 digits combined with both numbers and letters, try updating your NINO without spaces and it will accept. 

Regards,

Vineel.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!