Tax

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax

Hi all,

Is there anyone from Germany?

I am planning to create a course and sell it on Udemy, but I am not sure if I need to open a company in Germany?

Anyone can guide me with the tax related topics? How do we pay taxes? I am currently working full-time and have my Tax-ID in Germany. Can I use it for tax declaration also for Udemy?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RasulMammad403, happy to see that you’re working on submitting your tax information. 

We actually have a German community where you can ask other instructors about their experience here

As far as teaching on Udemy goes, you don't need to have a company in order to publish your courses.  The form you need to choose will depend on where you live, whether you’re an individual or entity, and other specifics. Unfortunately, Udemy is unable to answer your tax questions as that would be considered tax advice, but I highly recommend reaching out to a local tax expert for help.

You can read the following articles to get a further explanation about Taxes on Udemy:

If you’re unsure how to submit the tax form or about what a certain phrase or section means, please reach out to Instructor Support with as much information as possible and the team will be happy to help. Thank you!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors