Tax

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax

Hello great Udemy instructors

I need your advice specifically in the tax form to be chosen. I am a non US citizen and and I don't live in the US. I live in United Arab Emirates. I have looked into the available tax forms, and I think none of the forms apply to me, what next step would you recommend to move forward.

I really appreciate your help, especially those who faced the same circumstances

Have a great day!

5 Replies

Hi @RashaAbdin 

Once you begin the submission flow at taxforms.udemy.com, you’ll see the option to choose whether you are a US or non-US instructor as one of the first selections you make. Depending on what you choose, the platform will guide you through options that are unique to the selection you made as a US or non-US citizen.

The form you need to choose will depend on where you live, whether you’re an individual or entity, and other specifics. Since Udemy is unable to provide tax advice, we recommend that you consult with a tax advisor to ensure you’re using the right form and entering the information correctly. That said, here is some basic information about the types of forms you can fill out via our tax platform:

-W-9(used by U.S. individuals and entities to certify their Tax ID number)
-W-8BEN8 (used by non-U.S. individuals to certify that they are a beneficial owner or a financial account-holder, and claim treaty benefits)
-W-8BEN-E (used by non-U.S. entities to certify they’re a beneficial owner or a financial account-holder, and claim treaty benefits)

I hope this helps!

ScottDuffy
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

The US internal revenue service considers royalties paid by Udemy to be income earned in America, and they will want their tax on it. Unless your country has a tax treaty with the US.

@RashaAbdin 

Salam

Dear Rasha,

My name is Abdulaziz from Saudi Arabia.

I need your guidance regarding the tax form. Could you please provide me with the steps of filling out the tax form (for individuals).

best regards 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Abdulaziz_m We suggest consulting a tax professional for individual tax advice, or to understand your individual tax responsibilities for the income received from Udemy. You can also check this article on how you can submit the tax form here.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy community

Hi @RashaAbdin,

I am curious to know how much Withholding tax rate in UAE, is being deducted. Is it 10% or 30%?

Thanks in advance.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors