cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Time to reboot for 2022

It's time of the year again.  Albeit interesting times. 

You may be creating your first course.

Maybe you started a while ago but for whatever reason you haven't managed to get going or not quite ready for publishing yet!

I've been there. Certainly with my first course. I thought I'd have it sorted in a month but it was 6 months later before I got to the publish stage!

The important thing is to keep going. 

This is a great time of the year for starting afresh and setting new goals and targets. Don't underestimate the power of taking this time to rethink your plan to get your first course up and live or plan what your next course is going to be on.

Here's a couple of tips to make sure that you're setting great goals

1. SMART is a popular anacronym for setting goals. However often it isn't used properly and not enough time is spent on the details. Remember proper preparation prevents poor performance (5Ps). If it's used well then it works -so spend some time making your goals SMART ( Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timebound).

2. Check that you are including HOW you are going to achieve your goal

3. Make sure you have broken your goals into smaller manageable chunks - detail does help make the goal more realistic

4. Make sure you have "catch yourself going off track" plans
5. Get an accountability partner to help you stay on track

And of course making use of the community can really help keep you focused

Happy Holidays and here's to a fantastic 2022 - we ALL deserve this

3 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wonderful tips, @DeniseFletcher! Thank you for always taking the time to share your advice with us.

Happy Holidays and warm wishes for the New Year! 😊 

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Great tips @DeniseFletcher . I always like to come back to basics when I start bringing a new course to life.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
DeniseFletcher
Community Champion

Absolutely Sharon I know it helps me keep my procrastination at bay and I definitely produce better work under a plan

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors