Tips to publish first course on Udemy

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips to publish first course on Udemy

Hi Guys

I'm about to publish my first course on Udemy, I'm very excited and have so much expectations as many of you when you published the first one too.

Can anybody give me some advise here please?

1. Should I leave it free for a month so people can try it, get social proof and reviews and then I start charging something? if so, How long is it allowed to be for free?

2. or Instead I should just give free coupons to everyone of my friends and LinkedIn but set it for charge on Udemy? If so, how many coupons I can giveaway? is there any limit?

3. Should I create paid FB campaigns to advertise it for few weeks so it gets some enrollments?

4. What can i do to minimize the piracy risk? should I configure more exercises in the course?

Thanks    

3 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @EstebanBalv903, thank you for your questions! I'm excited for you to publish your first course too, so I'm bumping your post in hopes to get some replies from your fellow instructors. 🙂

Hello, @EstebanBalv903 .  Those are great questions.  My course, "Up and Running with Concurrency in Go", has only been up a month, but it's doing pretty well.   Happy to share what I did / have learned:

1) My course was never free, but I set the original price fairly low, then I've been raising it occasionally.

2) Udemy has 2 options for FREE coupons: 3-days unlimited, and 31-day, limited to 10 redemptions.  I used the 3-day unlimited on social media and got a good number of enrollments and ratings.

3) I thought about paid Facebook ads, but I got a large number by simply posting to relevant Facebook groups.  Just be respectful of anti-SPAM rules on some groups.

4) Search Udemy discussions for piracy - there's a lot of good tips on this subject.  This is one example that discusses what to do if you find your course on a pirate site:  https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229604108-What-Should-I-do-if-I-Find-a-Course-on-a-Pirat...

5) Exercises are a good idea, whether or not they are a piracy deterrent.  The biggest thing I learned from my early feedback is that my students wanted more exercises, so I updated the course and added lots of them.

Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!

Thanks, this is very useful

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors