To provide powerpoint slides or not

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To provide powerpoint slides or not

Go to solution

I have a course published and for the course, I used Powerpoint slides. 

I received a request from a student for the slides. I am thinking of uploading the PDF version of the slides as resource material, but is that a good idea? Would love to hear experienced instructors' opinions about this. Thank you! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

I think it's a good idea and a valuable study resource for students. Some students like to have a print out they can scribble notes on as they take a course and others like to be able to review course material away from their computer. By adding extra value to your students, you also increase their overall satisfaction and positive reviews of your course, so it's a win-win.

For my courses I either provide PDF version of the course PowerPoint slides or a course companion study guide eBook PDF.

View solution in original post

Go to solution

I see several instructors that do not provide ppts, sometimes claiming copyright reasons. I always provide as pdfs, and use that as a marketing strategy. If you decide so, put your brand on it, so if they are shared with third parties, they will get to know you

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

I think it's a good idea and a valuable study resource for students. Some students like to have a print out they can scribble notes on as they take a course and others like to be able to review course material away from their computer. By adding extra value to your students, you also increase their overall satisfaction and positive reviews of your course, so it's a win-win.

For my courses I either provide PDF version of the course PowerPoint slides or a course companion study guide eBook PDF.

Go to solution

Hello AHardin,

Thank you for your valuable opinion. I, myself prefer to have a print out when I'm learning. I feel much more comfortable providing my course in PDF version now. Thank you! 

Go to solution

@YukoSakai, you're welcome!

Go to solution

I see several instructors that do not provide ppts, sometimes claiming copyright reasons. I always provide as pdfs, and use that as a marketing strategy. If you decide so, put your brand on it, so if they are shared with third parties, they will get to know you

Go to solution

Thank you for your valuable comment! Yes, I was wondering about copyright issues. I feel more comfortable now providing my slides knowing that many instructors do provide power points! 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors