Traffic & conversion-strange site

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic & conversion-strange site

Hello,

I've been looking into the traffic and conversion of my course and in the sources it shows a site called anonymz. I clicked on it and it just shows a site that says there you can block the referer when a vistitor clicks a link on your homepage and i've had 3 visitors from there. Does anybody know what this is? This source differs from the rest. Thank you in  advance.

4 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

The only reason to send links through there is to hide where the link came from. Probably originating from some pirate site if I had to guess - whoever is using it doesn't want you or Udemy to know about them. But if it's only 3 visitors, it's probably not worth worrying about. It's possible it's nothing nefarious and just someone running a website who is overzealous about privacy.

I have had the same thing, when I looked at the conversions information. It shows 7 visitors via anonymz.com, classed as outside sources. I am wondering if it is from my posts promoting the course on my community FB group page, as that is a private group, but then I do have Facebook listed as a traffic source for instructor promo, so I am a bit stumped. 

@PinkFreud 

Interesting ….I had a few refunds on new courses and wonder if they pirated the course. I can see some emails and no anonymz. I found there are 6 competitors when I looked them up:

https://www.zoominfo.com/c/anonymzcom/346884888
Interesting …what will they come up next?

I like your handle btw

Please check your Revenue Report for refund.  Most likely there will be a refund from a “.Gmail.com”.  Within hours of releasing a new course, this site buys the course and within two hours claims refund. You can guess what’s going on😊

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors