Udemy Course Marketing #3: Get Lots of Free Students Fast

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Udemy Course Marketing #3: Get Lots of Free Students Fast

The morning of October, 18, 2017, I began a promotion to give away free coupons to my latest Udemy course. New enrollments are now slowing down after 3 1/2 days to the point that some useful data has arisen.

My plan was to utilize four avenues to increase student headcount for my course.

Udemy – I used a promotional announcement to all my students to advertise my new free course. Note that I have 61,000 students which is probably more than most instructors reading this document have access to. So my Udemy results are probably better than what you’ll experience. A single promotional announcement to all my students was the sole action I performed.

Facebook – I advertised via 30 Udemy coupon promotional groups. I posted my coupon twice to each group over a number of days.

Best Black Hat Forum (BBHF) – I posted my coupon on the BBHF site and bumped my post once with a reference to my already free course on the same topic.

Purchase – A number of people purchased my course before and while I announced the sale.

Also note that this course is in a rather small niche, so I found fewer takers than usual. Still, this fact shouldn’t affect the following overall ratios.

Here are the results of my attempt to gather students for my new Udemy course:

44% 1168 Udemy
4% 97 Facebook
49% 1304 BBHF
3% 10 Purchase
—- —-
100% 2579 Total Students
==== ====

Read more...

1 Reply

Great! 

I enjoyed it a lot!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors