Udemy Email - Suggesting Students (stats) I Do Not Have

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Udemy Email - Suggesting Students (stats) I Do Not Have

Hi all,

So, years ago I toyed with creating a course on Udemy... never published it, don't have any students..

In the last three days I've received three emails from Udemy, one stating I had 46 students, the next 20+, and now 16.  Its coming from "hello@instructors.udemy.com" - aside from being irritating, its wholely incorrect.

Anyone know what is triggering these, why I've suddenly started getting them, and why the data contained in them is actually incorrect?

Apologies if this is the wrong "board" to create them in, the boards here seem somewhat limited, and I was unable to find a contact email address on Udemy's "Contact" page.

*sigh*

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Kind regards,

Rob

2 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RobMeade, thanks for reaching out and reporting this!

This is an issue that is currently being investigated by our engineering team. I apologize for any inconvenience it might be causing. In the meantime, you can observe the daily number of enrollments from the performance page. 

Feel free to contact Udemy's Instructor Support team, and once the issue has been addressed we will follow up with you via email.

Thank you for your patience!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Hi @Bella thank you for taking the time to reply.

As mentioned in my original post, I haven't published a course, thus I will not have any students, so no need for me to check the performance.

Since your reply, the fake data appears to have stopped, however, I am still receiving daily emails, now somewhat more ridiculous as they are just empty...

Example:
Capture.PNG

Perhaps whoever is responsible for the database queries that are used to pull users information to create these emails could add a condition to exclude instructors that have not published courses?

Hoping you are able to escalate and resolve.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors