Udemy demographics

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Udemy demographics

Go to solution

Hello everyone, 

I'm a new instructor and very excited to get started at Udemy.  Nice to meet you all! 

I would like to know if there are any current statistics available regarding the nationality of the 24 million students that take classes at Udemy.

Thanks! 

Shehla.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi Shehla,

You can get more info about the students enrolled in  your courses on the performance tab. Check out this support article to learn more about it. 

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hey @Shehla_Turner, we haven't specifically published an updated version of this. However, Udemy for Business frequently publishes blog posts about similar topics such as Top 10 Soft Skills for 2019 in the Workplace. Check out the blog here!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Go to solution

Hi Shehla,

You can get more info about the students enrolled in  your courses on the performance tab. Check out this support article to learn more about it. 

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Hi Abbie, 

Thank you for your reply.  However, my question is where can I find information of the total population of students in Udemy, not only my students. What I'm looking for specifically is an update on Udemy's 2016 learning trends:   https://about.udemy.com/instructors/2016-learning-trends-on-udemy/

Is there any update available? Thanks!

Go to solution

Hey @Shehla_Turner, we haven't specifically published an updated version of this. However, Udemy for Business frequently publishes blog posts about similar topics such as Top 10 Soft Skills for 2019 in the Workplace. Check out the blog here!

Go to solution

Thanks Jocelyn!

Go to solution

Shehla, did you find the stats you were looking for?

Just so everyone knows why I'm asking... I'm looking for Udemy language-base because I want to know how to prioritize my caption creations for my seven 1-hour videos. It's mostly likely going to be Hindi, Spanish, and Chinese. But I'd really like to verify this before spending hours and money...

Go to solution

Hi Steven! I have not found this information.  Udemy has not published updated statistics according to the forum posts.  Not sure if this has changed lately. 

Go to solution

Thanks Abbie; I wasn’t aware of this either.  

Go to solution

Shehla,

Great question! I asked this exact same question some months ago. Each Instructor has their own stats based on their students but that is NOT NECESSARILY reflective of the 30 million Udemy student base. I have done some searches on this and I believe that the top 3 countries are US, India and Brazil. Turkey and the UK rounded out the top five.

Anyone please feel free to contradict and let us know your sources.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors