Unpublished? Check out our Newcomer Challenge and get featured!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanJaress
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unpublished? Check out our Newcomer Challenge and get featured!

Doggy!.gif

Hello soon-to-be instructors!

Looking to get started in creating courses with Udemy? We’ve got the perfect challenge for you! 

For first-time publishers, Udemy offers a special challenge to give you a jump start on your instructor journey.

The Newcomer Challenge program is here to help kick your course creation into high gear!

Follow our fully-guided path to publish your first course in 45 days! Upon completion, you will receive a featured spot on Udemy’s Newcomer Challenge Winners page for one week, to be promoted by Udemy via one or more of its social media accounts.

After you’re finished with the challenge, you’ll be set up to create quality courses and have some free promotion courtesy of Udemy!

Ready to start your journey? Comment below and let us know if you’ve signed up!

7 Replies

Great challenge, team.

I've recently joined Udemy and before creating my first course, I entered my email address on the newcomer challenge page. I haven't received an email to join though (tried again this morning and still nothing).  I just published my first course yesterday though and could benefit from the extra reach. Would you be able to look into it please? @Bella - tagging you here in case you might be able to take a look. Thanks!

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DominicAmariei, thanks for your interest in the challenge and for your patience as I was investigating this with our team. It looks like we're experiencing an issue with the Newcomer Challenge registrations. Could you please contact the Instructor Support team directly letting them know about your issue? They will be happy to assist you!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Thanks, @Bella.

I've reached out to them earlier this week and I believe they identified a bug and are working on getting this fixed.

Appreciate your help!

All the best,

Dominic

Oh hi team!

@Bella very recently I launched my first course and created it well within the 45 day span as you can see I'm sure... But I was not aware of this interesting and supportive strategy/challenge, so I did not apply.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RaquelCoelho, oh no! Unfortunately, to participate in the challenge, instructors cannot have any published Courses as of the time that they register.

In @DominicAmariei's case, because he wasn't able to sign up due to a bug we were experiencing, our team will be able to track his registration and reconsider. However, registrations submitted after the course was published cannot be accepted - I'm sorry about this!

But there are many other ways to get featured in the platform through badges and by improving your ranking in the search results. Below are a few resources that will teach you how to do this: 

As your course receives more positive ratings then its ranking will improve. Adding new terms to the course title or subtitle, which you believe students may search for, can also improve its searchability.

I hope this helps!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Dear @Bella 

Thanks for the two links. I took a while to respond because I wanted to have a look. 

As an educator with 20 years of experience, but very little Udemy experience, I feel a little lost in terms of how marketing works. I will continue to simply focus on my educational resources, but I would love to understand what I should do to improve sales. 

Oh yes, could definitely do with a kick-start! I've signed up 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors