Video Course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Course

Go to solution

I have a video course that does not utilize instructor lectures, just visuals and voiceover.  I assume that I need at least a total of 30 minuites video, can these videos be used in place of instructor video lectures? (need 5 of those apparently)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @JayCotrone  Our minimum requirements for a course is that it contain at least 30 minutes of video content contained within at least 5 lectures. Typically, a video should not be more than 2–6 minutes long, you should be able to find more details here https://teach.udemy.com/course-creation/outline-your-course/ 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @JayCotrone  Our minimum requirements for a course is that it contain at least 30 minutes of video content contained within at least 5 lectures. Typically, a video should not be more than 2–6 minutes long, you should be able to find more details here https://teach.udemy.com/course-creation/outline-your-course/ 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Yes Sir u can utilise those videos too in the lectures. 

All the best for your course creation do share your videos 

KS

Go to solution

Thansx Karan!

Go to solution

Typo, its early !

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

While you can upload a course that is just 5 videos with no actual video and 30 minutes of content, I wouldn't expect it to sell well. Putting in the bare minimum effort on Udemy generally doesn't pay off when you're competing with other instructors in the same topic who are willing to produce a more comprehensive offering.

If you're just doing this to practice and get something out the door, that's cool. But if your goal is to have an impact with this course, I'd advise making it more comprehensive. People can get 30 minute videos for free on YouTube; they rarely pay for them.

Study the existing courses on Udemy in your topic, and ask how yours can be better than that.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors