Video: a must-have?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video: a must-have?

Hello, dear instructors and teachers! 

It's the first time I'm creating an online course - in general, and using this platform in particular. 

And the main point I'm now facing is the video. 

Have I understood it right that for both types of courses (free and paid ones) I need to add the video? I mean, my course doesn't actually presuppise it, I'd like to concentrate on text and articles more. 

Or does the amount of minutes indicated next to each lecture count as the video time? 

I'll be really grateful for any answers) 

3 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TriMartolod Our minimum requirements for a course is that it contains at least 30 minutes of video content contained within at least 5 lectures. You can find information here in this page teaching on Udemy.

Here are some great resources regarding course creation:

Course Quality Checklist

Teaching Center

Udemy Insights Courses

Wistia Course Creation Compilation

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Thanks, Elena. I mean, if my course does not contain videos, if I chose the option "article" instead of "video" while creating it, it won't be accepted and approved, right? In the information about the course they say that the text I've uploaded equals 30 minutes of video. 

Sorry for asking such stupid questions, I'm new here. 

Hey @TriMartolod, you're correct. Courses must have at least 30 minutes of video content and at least 5 lectures or learning modules. Additional teaching tools (like assignments, quizzes, and coding exercises, etc) can be added to create a rich learning experience for students.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors