Video security

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video security

Go to solution

Hello,

I know that it's not possible to take screenshots while going through a course.

About course videos, How secure are they?

There are plenty videos on YouTube which shows, How to download a course or its video content.

Worries me about the possibility of  downloading the course content outside Udemy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @CAD_Mentor Thanks for asking about this. Out of concerns for piracy, by default, course videos are not available for download on a computer. If instructors wish, however, they can enable the downloading feature, so lectures can be downloaded for offline viewing.

Please note that to allow for better mobile learning, students can download course videos within the Udemy app for offline viewing, regardless of whether the lecture is enabled for download on a computer. Due to piracy concerns, however, students can only access a Udemy course within the app, as the video content is encrypted. 

I recommend reading this article for more information.

If you are experiencing any problems with piracy please report this to our Trust & Safety team by emailing policy@udemy.com with all the information you can find.

Hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @CAD_Mentor Thanks for asking about this. Out of concerns for piracy, by default, course videos are not available for download on a computer. If instructors wish, however, they can enable the downloading feature, so lectures can be downloaded for offline viewing.

Please note that to allow for better mobile learning, students can download course videos within the Udemy app for offline viewing, regardless of whether the lecture is enabled for download on a computer. Due to piracy concerns, however, students can only access a Udemy course within the app, as the video content is encrypted. 

I recommend reading this article for more information.

If you are experiencing any problems with piracy please report this to our Trust & Safety team by emailing policy@udemy.com with all the information you can find.

Hope that helps! 

Go to solution

@Bella Thanks for the information!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors