Video storage and moving videos between devicea

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video storage and moving videos between devicea

Where is the best place to store videos? I'm making the videos on my phone, but if there is a way to post directly from my phone, I can't find it. So Im trying to move the video to Amazon photos, then download and post from my laptop. But it takes forever for Amazon photos to get the video on it.  

4 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @TonyaLaramee - I use DropBox for my video storage - it also has the advantage of integration with Udemy's Bulk Uploader. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

If you are looking for something low-cost, I use Microsoft's one-drive family plan that gives me 6 user accounts and each account can hold up to 1 TB of data. I have around 10 courses with an average length of 8-10 hours and I haven't been able to fill a terabyte yet. This includes raw and rendered files, although, I compress the video files using an opensource software called 'Handbrake'.

The cost of subscription to the 6TB storage (plus you get office 365) in my location is about $85 annually.

I use an extra portable hard drive storage device.  They are reasonably priced and can store as much as two T.  That way they are always available and can carry them anywhere.  Hope that helps.

Dr. Troy  Walls 

I use both Microsoft OneDrive and an external hard drive for backups and storage. OneDrive is pretty efficient. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors