Want to know if I can publish more content after converting my free course into paid course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to know if I can publish more content after converting my free course into paid course?

Hello everyone.. 

I am about to publish my first course very soon. I have more than 20 plus hours course but I want to publish it for free for a while, so that, I can get an audience, but according to Udemy rule, I cannot publish free content more than 2 hours. So I have thought that I publish 2 hours content for free.

My question is that when I convert my free course into paid course than can I publish the rest of the content? Can I do so, or there will be any problem?

Your reply will help alot.

Thanks 

4 Replies

Yes, that's possible.

Thanks for your replay, But I still have a confusion that If I Publish the rest of the content after converting  my free course into paid than will that course go under review again or will there be any other probelm?

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Yahyakhan472 you can edit your course at any time, however, updating your course doesn't require going through the review process again. Also, you can get more information here https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232927-Course-Material-Rules-and-Guidelines 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

@Yahyakhan472 What is it about ?

@Yahyakhan472 wrote:

Hello everyone.. 

I am about to publish my first course very soon. I have more than 20 plus hours course but I want to publish it for free for a while, so that, I can get an audience, but according to Udemy rule, I cannot publish free content more than 2 hours. So I have thought that I publish 2 hours content for free.

My question is that when I convert my free course into paid course than can I publish the rest of the content? Can I do so, or there will be any problem?

Your reply will help alot.

Thanks 

i everyone! This is Luis, a member of the Udemy Community Team. I'm very excited to be here with you!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors