cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

What advice would you give…

Earlier this month we asked you which social media sites y’all were using and many of you responded that you were using YouTube for course promotion and personal branding. 

So our question for those of you who are using YouTube is, “What advice would you give to someone who is just getting started on YouTube?”

4 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Don't give up too easily. It can be very hard to predict what videos will gain traction on YouTube and which ones will not. Every upload is a roll of the dice, and you  have to roll the dice enough to have a chance of a video taking off there.

Just what I needed to read. WHen I am creating 10 videos on youtube.  I agree its a roll of dice. 

Thank you @FrankKane  . Always insightful 

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Initially, you may not get a good response like views or subscribers but don't give up.

Keep publishing the videos with quality content, you definitely get a good response.

As per my experience using YouTube, you can follow these tips to get started with the YouTube channel:

1. Start with giving the best name (brand) to the YouTube channel
  2. Focus on voice and video quality - buy a good mic, camera, and video editing software
  3. Optimize your videos for search and SEO - give SEO-friendly title and description for your video.
  4. Promote your videos on social media - Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and Instagram
  5. Make sure to reply to each and every comment in the video
  6. Ignore all the negative comments and dislikes - don't be distracted, focus on your goal
  7. Don't put the long intro in the videos - don't promote yourself multiple times in the same video 
  8. Keep publishing videos at least 2-3 videos a week.

Once you will build enough audience on YouTube then go ahead and promote your Udemy courses 👍.

Do it regularly. You define what “regularly” means. If you going to do it once every 2 weeks, fine. Once a week? Fine. Twice a week? Fine.

whatever you choose to do, commit to it. Make sure it is doable for you.

Phillip

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors