What is the best way to record the content?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to record the content?

Video

Videography is quite flexible. It all depends on how you want to present your content. Generally, if you want to teach any software, you need to record your screen. For that, you should use a screen recording software. I use Camtasia. You can get any free screen recorder like bandicam. It is also good but they will not give you much feature and rendering is quite slow.

If you want to teach something by writing it, you should use a graphics tablet. Graphics tablet worth of $100 will be sufficient. Do not forget to check the review before purchasing anything online or offline.  

Graphics tablets will help you to write and you need a software where you can write. The Autodesk sketchbook is quite good.

So, all you need is sketchbook, graphics tablet and screen recording software to record the video.

Step 3: Editing

This is very crucial. Your recording is never flawless. You make mistakes which you need to filter while editing. For editing, use adobe premiere pro 2017. Later versions of this software are not that handy. you can learn the basics of the software via youtube You will only need the basics of this software which you can learn in a couple of hours. The videos that you record on Camtasia , you can edit on premiere pro and render them to get the final video. You can make edits on the Camtasia as well but it is not very user-friendly.

Step 4: Publishing

Publishing on youtube/Udemy is quite simple. Once you have made the video, you simply upload it on Udemy. Initially, you will not get much students. Do not get worried. If your course is good and give quite relevant information, then surely people will find you out and once people start rolling in, there is no turning back.

But

On youtube, you can practice teaching. Though I have shared this information which I have known through the couple of years during which I have been involved in teaching online, you will need to grow yourself up. It's not that i had known these things since I started. I have made a lot of mistakes and learned. I have done experiments on making things effective and sometimes I have failed badly. Once I had to record the entire half of the course because i thought putting low music on the background will help students learn better. I used to use a microphone from my headphone due to which the audio quality on my earlier videos is awful which i cannot change now. So, you learn and grow. That is why you need youtube.

Do not jump directly into Udemy. Practice at least a year on youtube. This will help you to get feedback. You must understand that the audience on Udemy is quite different than on youtube. ON youtube, if you are an average teacher, it will work and students will praise you and give you likes but on Udemy, you have to be good to be considered as good.

And you need to understand that, youtube is not a platform for teaching. Yes, few of the students will get benefit from your course but if you are investing so much time and energy, you must get returns of it as well. The thing that you do must be sustainable. Udemy will help you get the value of your teaching. It will help you to make yourself independent of any kind of job. Once you become a pro in udemy, then you will never have to bother about losing your job. But money shouldn't be your driving force. Helping out students and individuals out there should be. Money is just a byproduct of your help.

1 Reply
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great recommendations, @Drnehadewan, thank you so much for sharing! 😊

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors