What is the most difficult part about creating your courses?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most difficult part about creating your courses?

Hey there Instructors,

As the month’s theme of course creation continues, we want to learn more about your experiences as instructors. 

We’d love to hear your feedback about the process of your course creation experience. So our question for you is, what is the most difficult aspect of the course creation experience for you?

Leave your answer in the comments below.

15 Replies
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @Mafer R 

I find the script writing part the most difficult one, followed by the post production editing work.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing, @AnupShukla! Script writing can be a real challenge, and that's a subject that we should talk more about, so I'd like to take this opportunity to share an article that we have about the best practices when script writing. I believe this will help inspire some ideas in the future! 😊

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Yeah. That's where I made the mistake when I worked with current course. Still the first course but I realized that I should've scripted it properly at the beginning. Although I somehow altered most of them at the end, It was too late when I learned the lesson. The next course would be better and hopefully, ill be able to complete it within a short span of time.

GuilhermeMP
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Organizing the content and deciding what to put in each section, slide, etc

creating the ppt slides and script that needs to go with it.

Here's the process I follow with the level of difficulty denoted by 😥 and level of ease by 😊

1. Conceptualizing the course 😊😊😊😊😊

2. Rough cut structure and flow of slides 😊😊😊😊😊

3. Final flow of slides 😊😊😊😊😊

4. Script for video 😊😊😊😊😊

5. Video recording 😥😥😥

6. Video editing 😊😊😊😊😊

7. Uploading on Udemy 😊😊😊😊😊

8. Marketing 😥😥😊😥

9. Revenue 😥😥😥😥😥

10. Reviews and Rating 😊😥😊

Cheers,

Sunil

Hi Sunil,

This is so helpful and I agree with all the points. Thanks for sharing! What would you say is the most challenging thing for instructors when it comes to marketing?

Hi,

The need to spend on marketing without any predictable outcome!

Cheers,

Sunil

Thanks for sharing. I wonder about this myself. What marketing strategies have you had success with?

Hi,

1. Spend NIL on marketing going forward.

2. Work on SEO. This has worked for one of my courses (but it's free, so no revenue). 

3. Working on putting together newer courses complementing my existing ones better suited for selection on UFB (while my current courses too are suitable, understand that this is a matter of chance) complementing my existing courses for sought skills. 

Thanks..

Writing script is the most challenging for me. 

Thanks Veasna! You find writing script to be more challenging than marketing?

Marketing is more challenging than creating a course. I'm not good at it.

I would love to get some more of your thoughts on some of the pain points mentioned around marketing. Any chance you can help by completing a quick survey?

Difficulties of Udemy Courses.

based on my understanding of the platform and feedback from Udemy instructors, some of the most difficult parts of creating courses on Udemy include:

Planning and organizing the course content: Developing a comprehensive course syllabus, breaking it down into individual lectures and ensuring that the content is engaging and informative can be a challenging task.

Creating high-quality video content: Recording and editing video content that is visually appealing and easy to follow can be time-consuming and requires technical skills and equipment.

Marketing the course: Udemy has a large and competitive marketplace, and promoting your course can be challenging. Instructors must identify their target audience and develop a marketing strategy to reach them effectively.

Updating the course content: As Udemy frequently updates its platform, instructors need to ensure that their course content stays up-to-date and relevant. This can involve revising course materials and recording new video content, which requires additional time and effort.

Overall, creating a successful course on Udemy requires a significant amount of time, effort, and dedication. However, the platform can provide a great opportunity for instructors to share their expertise and earn passive income.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors