What to do when students ask for product recommendations?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do when students ask for product recommendations?

Hello,

I would like to ask what to do. I am making guitar courses and students might have questions on which products to use for the course such as which guitars, guitar bags, tuners, music stands, etc.  I made a video about all the recommended products but with affiliate links so I deleted it after I found out affiliate links are forbidden. 

I researched and found out we cannot use affiliate links and I believe we cannot promote products that we believe are suitable for the course. I do not want to violate the course requirements but what to do if my students ask for help in finding the right products?

Will a link without affiliate links be acceptable?

Cheers!

2 Replies
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Dantheguitarman 

I'm pretty sure Udemy doesn't want us instructors to use any external/affiliate links on its platform. So, yes, you can recommend products without any affiliate links. To know what is allowed, and what is not, write to policy@udemy.com

You can also ask them if you can use educational announcements for recommending products with/without affiliate links. 

Hello AnupShukla,

Yes agreed, later I discovered affiliate links seemed to prohibited. I sent an e-mail to ask for specific details. Thanks for reaching out. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors