What to expect

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What to expect

Greetings I have just yesterday got my course published on how to write a business plan. In my assessment ๐Ÿ˜ which is probably not right I ranked my course above 70 percent courses on the same topic. When do I expect the first buyer, should I wait or do something for buyers to buy it.

1 Reply

Hi @erfanbaig 

Congrats on your first course!

With regards to what you can expect, the first thing you have to look at is your competition. I did a Udemy search on "Business Plan" and got 10,000 results back. Even if only 25% of those directly compete with your course, you somehow have to get noticed among the 2,500 other courses out there that teach the same thing. This is not going to be an easy task.

Also, let's assume your course is actually among the top 30% of similar courses. That is not going to be high enough to have your course appear anywhere near the top when users do searches for creating business plans. Why? because there would still be 750+ courses higher rated than yours.

Also, I listened to your promotional video. I would suggest you re-record that and turn the background music down. It was so loud I could barely hear the woman speaking who was introducing you and the course. Also, she was a bit difficult to understand. You might want to have her speak a bit more slowly and clearly. 

Your course is priced right ($19.95). Other than that, the only way I can think of to attract students is to somehow market your course directly to them. However, I'm not an expert in this area so I do not know how you might go about this.

Will your course attract some buyers. Probably, but it could take a long time to gain any real traction with students because of your competition.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors