When does my course "updated"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does my course "updated"?

Hi

I'm pretty new to Udemy. 

I have a quick question to which I couldn't find an answer elsewhere.

I see courses with "Updated July 2, 2019". I wonder what is the definition / criteria of "update"? Does it include just a font change or you need to add a complete new section or chapter....?

I'd appreciate it if someone with experience here could help me.

9 Replies

I just go in and make changes to an article every month. 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mike Takada Even you have recently updated your course, there is a criteria for course changes that our product team has set in order for the "last updated" information to change. There is a bar that must be reached involving a certain amount of updates to your course content, before the “last updated” information changes.

As a means to help ensure the integrity of our marketplace, we aren't able to share that criteria externally.

In case you have further questions, please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community

Is this some kind of joke? As an instructor I want to know what to do for my course to show updated. Why does Udemy hide this information/criteria? At least tell us, the new content must be X amount of length to update your course or a file must be uploaded or something else. 

Are we playing hide and seek here? Is this how you treat your Instructors? This criteria thing is not a secret service information you should be hiding for god's sake.

@IsmailCenk I completely agree

Udemy, care to chime in as to why you're playing games with the people who bring you money? 

Yes exactly. I am absolutely shocked right now, we generate money for Udemy and I can not even find out how to update my course because Udemy does not want to tell me how to do it. I have recently updated my course and the course still shows as not updated and emailed the Udemy instructor support and this is a part from the Udemy response:

"As a means to help ensure the integrity of our marketplace, we aren't able to share that criteria externally. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I'm sorry I can't share any additional information regarding this, but please let me know if you have any other questions."

Wow , this is how Udemy treats the instructors. I am speechless

Hi everyone,

I have added a word document to one of my courses as an action to promote the course enrollment during black Friday, but I can see that last updated date didn't change. Is the course only update when I upload a video?

No. I uploaded a video, and changed the title slightly to reflect the current nature of the course, and it still says the wrong "last updated" date.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RickMacGillis Although you have recently updated your course, there is a criteria for course changes that our product team has set in order for the "last updated" information to change. There is a bar that must be reached involving a certain amount of updates to your course content, before the “last updated” information changes.

As a means to help ensure the integrity of our marketplace, we aren't able to share that criteria externally. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Hi Eliana,

While I do understand the reasons for not sharing the exact criteria publicly, I think that some guidelines should be provided.

I've just added 14 Quiz questions to my course and 'Last updated' has stayed the same - now I'm wondering if it needs time to refresh or 14 Quiz questions (which is not a small amount of work and I honestly think it's not "gaming the system") aren't enough for updating the 'Last updated' field.

Best,

Predrag

EDIT: new date appeared!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!