When saying the shortcuts, I say very slightly wrong and...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When saying the shortcuts, I say very slightly wrong and...

Hey guys,

I made a small mistake or is it considered a mistake, for instance I say alt + delete, (the confusion is between PC and mac similarities), it should actually be option +delete when it comes to saying the shortcuts, at the same time, I display the shortcuts big in the video correctly
there are also times where I forget to say the other OS's shortcut(including other videos), I just say mine, but I correctly display in the video visually taking up a large portion of the video as a display shortcut. (Also tell me if the video is too fast?)

I plan on telling students that this slight anomaly is there, while being aware of it, to pause when I'm saying the shortcut to use it for themselves at that given moment(as it is always that you pause and then try it for yourself)

Below is a video(it's a preview):
https://www.udemy.com/course/draft/5524664/learn/lecture/39569774/?instructorPreviewMode=student_v4#...

One more:

https://www.udemy.com/course/draft/5524664/learn/lecture/39569800/?instructorPreviewMode=student_v4#...

@RyanJaress

@MichaelPog

@Iftekhar756

@SSAA 

@Ahmed_Jendoubi

@AITCD 

1 Reply
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ArunRm004

How are you doing? I'm sorry for jumping in here late! I understand that you want to make everything perfect for your learners and that the different shortcuts between Mac and Windows can be a real struggle. 

You mentioned that you display the Mac shortcuts in your video, and this would also be my approach here.
I think saying both shortcuts (Windows & Mac) might be confusing for your learners. I would also stick to either Mac or Windows shortcuts throughout the video (audio), again, to avoid confusion.

But that's just my humble opinion and I really hope experienced instructors will jump in, sharing their perspectives.

I wish you a lot of fun and success moving forward as an Udemy instructor. Please let us know if you have additional questions! 😊

PS: The speed of your course preview looks good!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors