When to make the switch from Free to Paid?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to make the switch from Free to Paid?

Go to solution

I had a course up and running for a while and only had about 4 or 5 people pay for it. I then found a way to give out a bunch of free coupons and gained about 2,200 students. Not many reviews came from it though. Finally, I straight up switched the course to free and now have over 3,200 students with some good reviews in the mix now. 

My question is, when should I switch back to paid? I know it's my last chance to go back and forth. What I hope to gain is the ability to email market the 3,200 students about new courses I come out with in the future. 

Should I wait until I reach a certain number? 10,000 perhaps? If I can get 1% of 10,000 students to sign up for a paid course, I would consider that a win. 

What are your thoughts on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

@mtgingrass Maybe the published author club can advise you. But, I guess there is probably no formula. Follow your instincts!

LL

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Go to solution

@mtgingrass Maybe the published author club can advise you. But, I guess there is probably no formula. Follow your instincts!

LL
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!