Where to start?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to start?

Hello

I am embarking upon a course creation hoping to use my 20 years marketing and business experience. The problem I have is where do I start - I have operated in a few niche markets and have vast experience but am not too sure if they are too niche.

It's mainly within digital marketing and understand this is very competitive so would to be best to compile specific courses within this area.

My plan was to offer the first as a short free course before compiling more and charging fees such as 9.99 and upwards as the quality improves.

I don't have an audience so am starting from a blank start - is this likely to cause a further challenge?

3 Replies

Hi @Rtg123uk First of all congratulations for starting here at Udemy

That would be agreat idea for offering a free course first and then Charging for firther courses.

See the algorithm of Udemy will promote you without giving efforts so don't worry if you don't have an audience, Udemy is here to build an audience for you and make you a suce Instructor at udemy and it won't be much of a challenge. 

Digital Marketing has a great potential and also you can check the Insights if Udemy to make you rplan more effective. 

KS

Digital marketing is the best earnings way today

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Rtg123uk, welcome to the community! 🙂

@Karansetia made some great suggestions, I'd also like to link our Marketplace Insights tool so you can research your topic's demand and competition, as well as get some insights into what students are looking for, the average conversion rate for courses in this subject, and so much more useful information to help you decide.

Additionally, in the below posts you can learn how to build an audience from other instructors: 

If you need help with anything else, please let us know. Good luck!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors