Which Tax Form to Choose for Canada

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Tax Form to Choose for Canada

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the midst of completing all the tax information. Being from Canada and collecting income as an individual, can anyone tell me which tax form I must fill out?

Cheers,

Scott

2 Replies

Hey @ScottB016, our tax form tool provides instructors with the ability to select from a variety of different tax forms, including:

• W-9 (used by U.S. individuals and entities to certify their Tax ID number)
    • W-8BEN (used by non-U.S. individuals to certify that they are a beneficial owner or a financial account-holder, and claim treaty benefits)
    • W-8BEN-E (used by non-U.S. entities to certify they’re a beneficial owner or a financial account-holder, and claim treaty benefits)

We also support the ability to submit certain less-common types of forms through our Support Help Center:

• W-8ECI (used by non-U.S. individuals or entities to certify they’re a beneficial owner receiving U.S.-sourced income that is effectively connected with US trade or business)
    • W-8EXP (used by non-U.S. governments or other tax-exempt entities to certify they’re a beneficial owner or a financial account-holder)
    • W-8IMY (used by non-U.S. entities to certify they’re an intermediary or flow-through entity receiving payments on behalf of another person)

Choosing the right form will depend on where you live, whether you’re an individual or entity, and other specifics. Since Udemy is unable to provide tax advice, we recommend that you consult with a tax advisor to ensure you’re using the right form and entering the information correctly.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Going to remove my course, this is ridiculous to force people from Canadian to fill U.S. tax . Udemy business is the worst what I have even seen for instructors.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!