Which URL do I use to promote my course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which URL do I use to promote my course?

Go to solution

Hello everyone!

I'm really happy to have my first course approved on Udemy. My question now - and it's a real noob question! - is which URL do I use when I share my course?

I know my course URL from the preview page, but I want to make sure that if I share using that link that I get the higher revenue share for bringing in the student. Will it track automatically or do I need to use a specific sort of 'instructor affiliate' link? 

Thank you in advance! Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Best wishes,

Camilla

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi Camila;

Congrats.

Welcome to our community and accecpt my warmest congratulations!

You can use different methods:

1- If you wanna to give discount for promoting your course to your people so first create coupons and then get the link like this image:

csking.jpg

2- If you wanna the direct link to your course this is direct link without any discount:

https://www.udemy.com/mastering-the-irac-method-for-law-school-success/

Don't hesitate to ask your any further questions.

Regards;

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@CBD2019,

More specifically, though @csking1981 is correct, it's the discount coupon approach that gives you the most revenue in return, so you want to share coupon links.  These links typically sell your course for $9.99 (the least you can charge) and produce 97% revenue to you (or about $9.70).  If you simply share your course link you'll only get 50% of the course price (an organic sale).

In summary:

Coupon Sale: Udemy 3%, Your 97%
Organic Sale: Udemy 50%, You 50%
Ad Sale: Udemy 75%, You 25%
Affiliate Sale: Udemy 50%, You 25%, Affiliate 25%

Don't let the reduced percentage for Ad and Affiliate sales fool you.  Though you can opt out of these sales they are sales you never would have gotten, so be thankful for these 25% sales out of nowhere and remain in the program.

Hope this helps,

---Brian

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

Hi Camila;

Congrats.

Welcome to our community and accecpt my warmest congratulations!

You can use different methods:

1- If you wanna to give discount for promoting your course to your people so first create coupons and then get the link like this image:

csking.jpg

2- If you wanna the direct link to your course this is direct link without any discount:

https://www.udemy.com/mastering-the-irac-method-for-law-school-success/

Don't hesitate to ask your any further questions.

Regards;

Go to solution

Thank you! I'm very grateful.

Go to solution

Best wishes for you and your amazing course.

Regards;

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@CBD2019,

More specifically, though @csking1981 is correct, it's the discount coupon approach that gives you the most revenue in return, so you want to share coupon links.  These links typically sell your course for $9.99 (the least you can charge) and produce 97% revenue to you (or about $9.70).  If you simply share your course link you'll only get 50% of the course price (an organic sale).

In summary:

Coupon Sale: Udemy 3%, Your 97%
Organic Sale: Udemy 50%, You 50%
Ad Sale: Udemy 75%, You 25%
Affiliate Sale: Udemy 50%, You 25%, Affiliate 25%

Don't let the reduced percentage for Ad and Affiliate sales fool you.  Though you can opt out of these sales they are sales you never would have gotten, so be thankful for these 25% sales out of nowhere and remain in the program.

Hope this helps,

---Brian

Go to solution

Thank you, Brian! Yes this does actually answer my question more fully, as I was wondering what revenue share I would get for bringing someone to the site just using the URL with no coupon code. 

I very much appreciate your answer.

Best wishes,

Camilla

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors