Who Owns the Content?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Owns the Content?

Go to solution

Newbie question. I probably missed this somewhere in the signup process, but as I create my first class, do I retain ownership of my content? Can I post some of the videos elsewhere, (e.g YouTube, my blog, social media, etc) to help promote and link back to the class? Or is that not permitted? If it came down to it, and the class was not successful, can I remove the content and post it elsewhere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

You are the owner of your content. Yes, you can post it anywhere. The last question is hard to answer, as Udemy promises the students lifetime access to your course, you can close it but the existing students will have access to it. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Go to solution

You are the owner of your content. Yes, you can post it anywhere. The last question is hard to answer, as Udemy promises the students lifetime access to your course, you can close it but the existing students will have access to it. 

Go to solution

Good enough. Thanks! 🙂

Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

You own it, you license it to Udemy.

The agreement is non-exclusive. 

IF you want/get your content on UFB (Udemy for business) that has an exclusivity agreement, but UFB is your choice. 

IF your courses is something that would be appropriate for UFB I would consider not posting elsewhere, 20-25% of my revenue is UFB, but it is business or certification focused. If your courses are not in those categories I would add anywhere else you want. 

For me UFB earns me 5x what other sites did (from when before they had the exclusivity agreement). 

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

Go to solution

I read somewhere that if I were to put it on Youtube then Udemy couldnt charge for it i.e.

. it would become free content. Is that right? 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors