Who can view unpublished, draft course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can view unpublished, draft course?

Go to solution

Hello, dear Udemy instructors! 

Would appreciate some insight from a more experienced colleagues with regards to the visibility of the unpublished course. Who is it visible to? 

Asking because I recently noticed a note on my draft course. And it stated something like this: "this is a draft course and for more details please contact directly the course creator Dillyara Dosmakova".

My thinking was that draft versions are not visible to anyone. Have I been mistaken?

Would appreciate an insight. 

Kind regards,

Dillyara 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi, @MarinaT  and thank you for your prompt reply! Really appreciate it. 

I reckon, the note that I referred to earlier would become functional after I publish the course. Seeing it at this stage on my page added some confusion...but thanks for clarification and confirmation. 

Best regards,

Dillyara 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @DILLYARA

I hope you are doing well 😊

Only you can access your courses in draft mode. Once you submit it for review, and it is approved by our Trust & Safety team, your course will become visible on the marketplace, making it accessible to potential learners.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have additional questions. 

Go to solution

Hi, @MarinaT  and thank you for your prompt reply! Really appreciate it. 

I reckon, the note that I referred to earlier would become functional after I publish the course. Seeing it at this stage on my page added some confusion...but thanks for clarification and confirmation. 

Best regards,

Dillyara 

Go to solution

Yes, Only the course creator/s can access the courses in draft mode but why would they include the clause "for more details please contact directly the course creator" when it's not yet published can be confusing to new creators.

Go to solution

@Life Coach indeed so! That's why posted in here to get some clarification. Perhaps, it's just yet the tech issue of the platform...this is how I concluded this for myself:)

Cheers,

Dillyara 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors