Why my lecture description for each video is not visible?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my lecture description for each video is not visible?

Go to solution

Why my lecture description for each video is not visible? It is a good idea to write something about the video so that students have an idea about what they are going to learn. But I am not able to see the description in preview. Why is that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Dhimath1729 At this time, lecture descriptions are only visible to the instructor of the course on the course landing page via a browser on desktop/mobile device. It no longer appears to enrolled students but it does show up for potential students on the course landing page.

If you would like to include visible lecture descriptions or notes for your enrolled students, I would suggest including this information in an article format. You can find more information on how to choose the right lecture format here.

You could also add the text in a .pdf file and attach it to lectures as a supplemental resource. To learn more about adding supplemental resources, please review the following article.

I hope this helps clarify and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Dhimath1729 At this time, lecture descriptions are only visible to the instructor of the course on the course landing page via a browser on desktop/mobile device. It no longer appears to enrolled students but it does show up for potential students on the course landing page.

If you would like to include visible lecture descriptions or notes for your enrolled students, I would suggest including this information in an article format. You can find more information on how to choose the right lecture format here.

You could also add the text in a .pdf file and attach it to lectures as a supplemental resource. To learn more about adding supplemental resources, please review the following article.

I hope this helps clarify and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Go to solution

Hi guys, this makes no sense to me! I am wanting to add a description of my lecture resources, which I do in the content creation tool, but then my students can't read that anyway? Huh? What's the point, and why would it function this way!?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors