Whyare my students just sitting on the course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whyare my students just sitting on the course?

Guys, I don’t get it. I’ve got 24 students enrolled in my course, but the students are not writing reviews, answering opinion questions, or completing the assignments.  It is a pay-for, for a free, course.  In fact, with only a couple of exceptions, the student’s participation is at zero! Since the announcement function is not working, I’ve been sending individual emails to encourage them and gently remind them to engage and do these things. What is going on here? Is this what’s to be expected – people buy the course and just sit on it? - Jim

1 Reply

Hey @JamesMitrok526, totally get your eagerness!

Since Udemy is a platform where students learn at their own pace, it's pretty common for students to take their time to start the course. For example, students may enroll in free courses and courses offered during promotional campaigns, but won't start the course immediately.

Student engagement will likely increase over time. You can check out the Course engagement tab, to view how students are consuming the content in your courses.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your course!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors