about coupons

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about coupons

Hello, this is saqlin I am an new instructor to udemy and this is my first course . I had some doubts about setting up coupon code, there is four types of coupons are available in udemy. for my work purpose I need a course like , i have some policies of my courses such as users can access my course for 100%free using my specified coupon to access my courses. This is only for particular users i had sent the coupon code , they can access 100%free . but, that course couldn't show as free course and other users cannot access free without my coupon . which type of coupon is suit for these please clarify this doubt.

with regards,

saqlin

1 Reply
Leonor C.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Saqlinmusta574 

Happy to help! 

You can create coupons to promote your courses. You can create up to three coupons per course each month.

When a coupon expires, it becomes a referral link. So, it will no longer affect the price displayed to the user. However, if the student purchases within 24 hours of clicking your expired coupon link, you will still be credited with the sale.

There are four types of coupons:

Current best price

Custom price

Free: Open

Free: Targeted

In your case, the best option would be the Free: Targeted option which creates a longer-lasting offer that allows up to 100 students to enroll in your course for free. Other than these 100 students you send the code, all other students will see the course price you set up for your course.

I hope this helped. Let us know if you need anything else or if you have any other questions.

Kindest regards,

Leonor

Udemy moderation team

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors