aspect ratio 16:9

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aspect ratio 16:9

Hi 

I have problem getting videos with 16:9 aspect ratio and not having the black margin in the video.

I hope someone who passed Udemy video quality can help.

Here is what I have done: I am using a macbook air computer and quick time player to record my screen.

First, I tried to set my aspect ratio to wide screen 9:16 in my power point (page set up). However, when I use "slide show" option, there is a black margin at the top and the bottom of the video. 

Then I used 10:16 widescreen option in my powerpoint (page set up). . It gives a nice widescreen when I use the "slide show" using powerpoint. However, when I save the file using "imovie" to 1920:1080p (16:9 aspect ratio), there is still a black margin on the top and at the bottom of the video.

I also used handbrake to convert the file to 16:9 aspect ratio, however, there is still the black margin. However, I have just started using handbrake. It seems it doesn't let me to save using 1920:1080 dimension.

In another try, on my powerpoint file, I even used a custom screen show but at the end after converting the 16:9 aspect ratio, I still get the black line.

I transfered files in my Udemy curriculum but the black margin is still there no mather what method I use to get 16:9 aspect ratio.

I asked udemy chat support but there was no useful recommendations to sove the problem.

I was wondering if anyone can help me to do this step by step if possible? (using a mac computer and quick time player to record a video)- I also used imovie to edit my video. 

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

How very frustrating for you.

I am not familiar with using the applications you mention for video editing. And I work on a Dell Laptop. So assuming you searched the Internet with your question to no avail, it appears that you may need a video editor. 

I use, and can recommend, the free Shotcut editor as it does work on Macs.  (And no watermark.) There is a bit of a learning curve. But by what you describe, it sounds as if either the "Rotate and Scale" or the "Size and Position" Filter should allow you to export in the 16:9 aspect you want.

You might want to go to their forum at https://forum.shotcut.org/ first and post your question. I typically get an answer within a day, and often within an hour, of posting my questions.

I wish I had a better, quicker solution for you. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!