camera conundrum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera conundrum

Hi there!

I wonder how you manage to solve that issue:

• the camera should be at about eye level - if it's lower, my eyes get smaller (I partly close them)
  • I want my hand to be visible if I raise them a little, so the image should show reach to about my belly button
  • so I fill only about 60% of the screen height, having plenty of space above me - which I don't like
  • if I scale the image, it gets blurred (I am using a Sony Cybershot)

Are you filming vertically or what do you do? (My camera doesn't have a hole on the shorter side with which I could fix it on the tripod.)

THANKS!

Valentin

2 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @helloandhallo  if I am trying to explain or do something I use two cameras, my main one is focused at eye level. I then set up my iPad or iPhone on a tripod that has a holder that is tiltable for them and that way I can have close up of my hands and face depending on which shots I want and when.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Hi Sharon, Thanks for the advice - that certainly looks nice but I would like to have one shot that shows my face with camera at eye level AND my hands AND just a little space above my head (while keeping resolution high).

The standard solutions (https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/3-ways-shoot-vertical-video/) don't work with a teleprompter ... AND that's another must for me. Anybody with experience on VERTICAL FILMING WITH A TELEPROMPTER? Much appreciated!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors