can I create multiple Instructor profile, for publishing multiple courses?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I create multiple Instructor profile, for publishing multiple courses?

Hello everyone.

I have expertise in IoT, Python and a little bit in Psychology. 

I want to create multiple courses in all topics but I was thinking of publishing IoT related courses on one instructor profile and Python related courses on different Instructor profile and Psychology related courses on different instructor profile.  

So can I create multiple Instructor profile..?
Is this possible..?
and if I do so does it affect when getting money from Udemy or during submitting tax information.

Please help...  
24 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @in_yadav and thanks for asking those questions. 

You can create multiple Udemy accounts and use the same Bank/PayPal/Payoneer account in different Udemy accounts. However, instead of linking the same account to multiple Udemy accounts, it's preferable to use the following process:

• Create a new Udemy account 
  • Invite the "new instructor" (your other account) to your existing course. Here is a link that explains how to add multiple instructors
  • Make the "new instructor" the visible instructor and hide your original account
  • Set the revenue share of the "new instructor" to 0% This way, all payments will go to the same account, but students will see a relevant instructor for each of your niche courses. Please let me know if that makes sense.

Hope this helps and if you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to the team at instructorsupport@udemy.com.

Hi Bella, 

Could you tell me why your method is preferable?  I'm just starting out on Udemy and also want to make courses in several topic areas.  Thanks

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @EmilyWilkins108, great to see you in our community!

Instructors are free to create multiple accounts for specific course fields/topics/niches. For instance, if you have 3 different accounts you can make sure that each will be related to a specific topic and may therefore have more control and organization about it. 

However, if you feel that your student base may come to benefit from all your field courses and also the number of enrolled students can make you gain more popularity, then it is best to create 1 account only and host all of your content. 

While we've had instructors who have seen success with both methods, we would recommend housing your courses under the same profile. This would be to keep a strong instructor reputation and make managing the revenue easier. Again, this is a matter of perspective, but you can test how it feels and decide later on if you would like to create a new account or leave it as one. 

I also recommend creating a post here in the community if you'd like to ask other instructors for their opinion.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Hey @Bella I was going to create a new post, but decided to reply here instead. I just want to know if this information is still relevant? I have four courses in Spanish. And want to create my first course in English. I like your advice on creating a new Udemy profile, making that profile the visible instructor for the English course, but host the course itself in the original Spanish courses account. Is this right? Do you give me the green light?

🍕😊

P.S. Will it be okay for me to use my name as well in the new profile? Basically I just need to translate the profile to English, and in the near future, have a Website and YouTube channel in English as I expand in the US market.

@Bella 🌹

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @SoyMarketer

Glad you liked this alternative. Yes, this method is still relevant, meaning you can still do this if you'd like to create courses in different languages and make sure your profile is localized to that market. You can use the same name without any issues. 

For additional advice, feel free to contact policy@udemy.com! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

@Bella don´t mean to be a pain in the butt. But just to clarify before I implement this method: If my original profile has the 4 Spanish courses, and I make it invisible for the 5th course, and the "new profile" visible...Will the original profile still get the student count, reviews, and will it show that the original profile has 5 courses, or 4 courses in the instructor profile page???

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries, @SoyMarketer

If you make both profiles visible, then students will still be able to access your original profile and see all your courses, reviews, and all the information you have added under that profile. They will be able to see both profiles, as two different instructor accounts.

I hope that makes sense! Let me know if you have any other questions! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

@Bella last one for sure!

😎

I want my main profile (Spanish) to show 5 courses (Including the one that will go in the English profile). I want those students, and reviews, for the 5th course (English), to count in the main profile (Spanish). What I don´t want, is to show my Spanish profile in the English profile Course Sales Page. So,

If I make the original (Spanish) profile invisible on the Sales Page for the English course that I´m thinking of creating, will the original profile reflect everything that happens with the 5th course (Even though it is invisible in that course´s sales page?) 🤔

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SoyMarketer,

To clarify, your profiles will display all the courses on which you are an instructor/co-instructor, but only the courses you are the owner of will affect your overall Instructor rating, thus reflecting in your original profile's page. If the account in question is set up as 'invisible' on the course sales page, then the course should not appear in that profile. 

Let me know if you need anything else! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

@Bella sorry to jump on this wagon and quiz you on this to death, but can a profile be both an owner and invisible at the same time?

Thank you!

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MichaelPog, happy to see you here! 

Yes, as the course owner, you can put yourself invisible so that your name does not show up on the course landing page for students. It works the same way as it does for co-instructors, as long as at least one of your co-instructors is visible. You can read all about that here.

Let me know if you have any other questions! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Thanks a lot @Bella.

I was looking at another instructor who works closely with Phil Ebiner. The guy has courses in English, Spanish, And Portuguese. His name is Diego Davila. And he has all the courses on his main profile. His instructor page bio is in English. His website is in English, but his YouTube is in Portuguese. This is the kind of mess I wanted to avoid, I wanted to keep Spanish & English separate, but I want all the social proof to go to the Spanish profile.

It is a bit scary to think about doing videos for YouTube in English as well. I mean, I am barely managing to prepare updating current Spanish courses, creating new Spanish courses, creating YouTube videos in Spanish, and now with this English course I´m thinking I will also do a YouTube channel in English...

So I just kind of wanted to set it up the best way.

But I am still somewhat confused as to how to do what I want,

And ultimately, I think the best choice is just publishing it ASAP in English, under the Spanish (original) profile, even though that profile has the Instructor page in Spanish, and Website / Facebook / YouTube in Spanish...Which may be confusing for any of the students that want to enroll in my new English course...

But I just didn´t get how to go about this properly...

Any information with this new post I left you @Bella would be appreciated it. Either way I´m starting the process, and creating it is independent of how I upload it...And so any new information about this will still be timely. Thanks!

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

I appreciate the context, @SoyMarketer, it does help me understand your needs better.

You can have all your courses of different languages in the same account with no problem. As an example, if you have a course called "Course type 1" in Spanish, English, and Arabic, those courses will show up for students who search for courses in that same language.

Instructors who teach in more than one language often translate their profile bio into those languages instead of creating a brand new one. They also do the same for their social media and website, to make sure it is fully localized, so students can connect with them and continue to follow their work. 

It will depend on you whether you want to create a new profile to have your other courses. This may be the best option if you believe that translating your profile would be confusing for students. Also, note that you'll need to complete the verification process for the new account too.

Good luck! 😊

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Flawless. 👌

P.S. You probably know by now:

You will hear from me again.

LOL.

See ya for now. 🌹

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm always here ready to help! See ya. 🙂

Cat Reaction GIF

Tip of the day:

To speed up your course creation

hire a kitty to type for you:)

Dear Bella

Greetings, I have different courses in the medical field. and I was thinking to upload some courses in Engineering as well, specially I have an engineering degree. so do you recommend using the same account or creating a new profile.

Thank you kindly

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Omar Abed, in this case, since your topics are very different from one another, you may consider creating different profiles so your courses and content can remain consistent.

But I want to emphasize that it's really not a rule, but rather a recommendation to help you enhance your organization and convey your expertise to your students.

As I mentioned earlier, there are cases of instructors who are successful by publishing courses in different areas, but it's usually a good strategy when they both complement each other. 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors