common mistakes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

common mistakes

Hi,

I have a question. I published my first course about screenwriting, but was not Succeeded. Now I want to create a new course in painting. What were my common mistakes of the previous course to take care of the new course, untill new course will be better and successful? I need an analyze. Please help me.

Thanks

2 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

@HoushangFal420

here are a few things I noticed when I visited your instructor page:

• your promo video is rather long with very little explanation about what students will learn in the course. You basically say that you can accomplish certain things but not how you are going to help students get there. There are also very fast graphics that are impossible to read and bring little value. You are moving in the background but there is no voiceover. Try to talk over those videos of you working with the student, and explain what the course value is. When you’re talking on screen, I notice half the time you look at the camera, half you don’t. Pick one and stick with it (I recommend looking at the camera). The background behind you is also inconsistent, with a corner of the background being black, as if your background was too short on the right side. 
  • Your course is 1:15 long. That seems short. How long are other courses by your competitors. Why would someone buy a shorter course when they can get more from others at the same price. Maybe think about adding relevant content. 
  • In some of your slides, I noticed typos (screenplay is misspelled in your first preview video, within a few seconds). Fix those, they will turn people off quickly. 
  • Your delivery tone in the first few lessons sounds a little robotic, it sounds like you are reading from the slides. Try to be more engaging with your students.  Maybe appear on some of the shots? 
  • You have lots of students but few reviews, which leads me to believe you gave a lot of free coupons away. Try to get people who are interested in your course to take your course and leave an honest review.
  • there are a few reviews with text on your course. One mentions your course needs more content. Use this advice. 

I hope I’m not discouraging you. All of the points I mentioned can be corrected, it will take more work. Getting a best seller course out takes time and dedication. You’ve got this! 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

My dear friend, Thank you so much time for reviewing my course. I will definitely correct your points. I will not forget your kind.

Best regards

Houshang falahrezaei

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors